Sunday, February 3, 2008

I LOVE my calling

Being the Primary choirester is the world's best calling!! I get to help the kids learn new songs each week. This month is "Tell me the stories of Jesus". So I made a posterboard with my kids looking down (like they are reading the book). And then made a book that as the pages turn you learn more word to the song. This week was just the 1st verse. We will add the next two verses later this month. The hardest part is, my kids want me to call on them to be my helpers each week. Which I don't do. I pull names out of a box. If I am ever released, it will be a sad day.

Today we also learned the song "Don't ever forget to pray". President Hinckley wrote the words. So I thought it would be nice to sing this song as a tribute to him.




3 comments:

Cossebooms said...

That is a cute picture of you and your kids. Glad you enjoy your calling.

The McPeeks said...

Your calling seems to be lots of fun and lots of work....I know you like to keep busy so it works for you.
Kim

Carter Family said...

If I knew how to sing I would love that calling. I hear ya on your kids always wanting to get picked. I did sharing time last week and Jaimee being a new sunbeam didn't understand why she couldn't stand by me and help the whole time. Isn't primary priceless?