Sunday, April 6, 2008

Bruce to the rescue

Imagine there you are.....sitting on the toilet doing what one does there when you realize, OH CRAP there is no toilet paper. You look under the sink. Nothing there. You look behind you and see 2 packages of kid toilet training wipes. You have a brief moment of relief.....and you find out they are empty. So now what???? Everyone is outside on the patio. You crack open the door and yell, "HEIDI". No response. You have no choice but to sit and wait.

You hear the sound of hope---Bruce is in the kitchen. So I do what any other desperate person would do--yell for help. "Bruce, Bruce!!" To your delight there is a reply. "Ya". I then ask, "Can you get me some toilet paper?" A little chuckle is made by Bruce. But being the good guy he is....he's off to get a roll.


Then it dawns on you...how is he going to hand me the toilet paper. I sit waiting anxiously. He returns and informs me he is standing to the side of the door with his eyes closed. I open the door just a crack and grab the roll. I can now finish my business.


The best part is then telling the rest of the family what transpired. We all got a good laugh. Thanks Bruce for saving me!!

2 comments:

Cossebooms said...

This is hilarious! I totally forgot to mention it on my blog. Bruce says you're funny! So I will have to copy your post and put it on mine. Thanks!

Carter Family said...

You made my night. Didn't you have some bathroom incident at bunco one time? People putting their fingers under the door or was that Verla?