Sunday, April 13, 2008

One SEXY outfit

My life has revolved around the new house. Last week I spent all day Friday, Saturday, and part of Monday dressed like this.
As you can see, I was painting. I primmed the whole house and garage. Then I had to go back and paint the ceilings white. I also painted the girls room, laundry room, and downstairs bathrooms white. Dayna helped me on Monday by rolling after I sprayed it. This helps keep it all looking even.
What was Tyler doing all this time you ask. I found myself asking that quite often. He was installing the shelving in the closets. This was VERY time consuming. I kept thinking, "Are you kidding me." Let me reassure you that painting is tough work. My arms, back, and especially my neck (from doing all the ceilings twice) hurt like a mother. My eyes were the only part not covered by my outfit so they turned white. Even my boogers were white. How can that be when I wore a mask the whole time? When our builder convinced me to have the trim work done first and then come back and paint the walls their color, he had no trouble convincing me. I was pain ol' tired. I needed a break.
Then I was off to St. George to pick out more tile. This tile was for the downstairs bathrooms and the master bathroom. I don't know why tile overwhelms me, but it does. I found one store with a worker who pretty much helped me put all the pieces together. So I stopped looking and am going to order from him.
Yesterday, a carpet guy stopped by. It was great to not have to load up and go somewhere. I will probably use him just for the pure convenience factor. We have just one problem. We are over budget on our flooring. So the carpet guy might have to come back out and we will choose another one. You see, we picked a pretty expensive one for upstairs. Tyler loved it, I thought it was a little too dark. So hopefully the carpet man can come back out and help us find a compromise.
Next week, it is onto tile. Tyler will do this since I have already done by fair share of manual labor. I will be retaping the ceilings so that I can paint the walls. The most exciting part is that our cabinets and countertops are going in this week!! I better never move again because I HATE making all the decisions. I don't care what shape my baseboard is. I don't care what color my hinges are. I don't care how many baskets are on my stair railing. I don't care how many shelves are in my closet. I JUST DON'T CARE ANYMORE. I just want to move there. The sooner the better.
Pray for me in picking out outside house colors......this is my next big stressful decision. Can't someone else just choose for me????

2 comments:

Carter Family said...

I feel for you. Painting is rough and to do a whole house. Phil seems to disappear when we (I) paint. Yes, Tyler better do all the tile its pay back time. Just keep thinking soon you will be so lucky to be in that huge house. I am jealous. Good luck choosing outside colors.

The McPeeks said...

Better you than me. You guys are really going to appreciate your new home since you did a lot of the work.