Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Basket Raffle

It was another crazy week for the PTA. It was our 2nd annual basket raffle. Each class chooses a theme. Then the parents donate items to fill their basket. The PTA wrapps up all the baskets. This means I was at the school every morning early to bring the baskets out of the office to have on display for a week. At the end of the day, I would put them away again. Our school secretary sold tickets all week for us. It is the week of parent teacher conferences, book fair, and the science fair. So the parent traffic at the school is high. I was absolutely exhausted by the end of the week. Thursday night, is the big night. The PTA announces next year's board (that is why there is a picture of me standing up--thanks Kaylee for taking the photo.) The most exciting basket was a camping theme. The teacher even had a quail stuffed. It had a chair, lantern, flashlights, fishing lures, jerky, etc. The kids and dads loved this basket. We then sell more tickets and finally raffle off the baskets. It was a much larger success this year!! We made $1267. Not bad.
The bad part was that we didn't win any baskets. My kids don't quite get how a raffle works (eventhough I explained it over and over). So I had 3 bawling kids. It was so bad, I had to leave right after the raffle and not count the $ that night. They cried all the way home, through reading books, and poor Justin could be heard sobbing in his bed. It broke my heart. So I told him while I was in St. George tomorrow, I would pick up a toy for him. That quieted the sobs, and finally they were all asleep. Oh did I mention, Tyler was in Phoenix, so I got to deal with that by myself. Tyler seems to plan his trips whenever I need him to help me with the kids because of a PTA event.

No comments: