Saturday, March 1, 2008

Near disaster for dinner group

It was my night to cook dinner. I added another family....a friend having a tough time who just needed some help. So I was cooking for 5 families that day. It all started out great. I had all the dough, for homemade bread, finished by 9:00 am. The first 2 loaves had already been baked. It was onto the next four loaves. So while it was cooking I decided to peak at Heidi and Valynn's blogs. I got all caught up in the garage sale and blue and gold banquet that I didn't even hear the buzzer ring. It hit me like a ton of bricks. HOLY CRAP, I yelled, running down the halls. As you can see, I was lucky this time. The bread survived.

4 comments:

Cossebooms said...

I'm glad your bread turned out. There's nothing worse than spending all that time on it and it's ruined.

Carter Family said...

Good thing that your bread was saved. Imagine all those hungry people.

Rachel Urie said...

sure wish I got a loaf of that bread! how are you all? it's been a long time. love you all!

Mindy Lamb said...

If I made bread (can you hear me laughing hysterically?) it would turn out worse than burned. It would probably be unrecognizable.
I read through your most recent entries, exciting stuff, cute kids...busy life!
Love ya!!