Saturday, March 1, 2008

House Progress


Work continues on the house. Yesterday, the shingles were beginning to be installed. The dirt work guys were hard at work. We had to backfill the garage about 3-4 feet. Where did the dirt come from you might ask. Well take a look at the huge hole in my backyard. It has to be 15 feet deep by 25 feet long. This is Justin's favorite play spot. At first I didn't let him down there because I wasn't sure if he could climb back out. But "accidentally" he dropped his toy in there. So he HAD to go and get it. I then saw it was OK for him to get out of.





The rest of our time was spent building a little retaining wall in back. I told Tyler we needed a level and string to make it straight and level. He said OK to the string (only because I went and got some). But he didn't have a level and didn't want to take the time to get one. So off we went. After 3 layers, I went to see what it looked like from inside the basement. Yep, not level. So off to Home Depot for a level. Tyler spent the rest of the night redoing the wall. This time without my help because it was getting late and cold. So I took the kids home for dinner. Needless to say, we have learned to work smarter NOT harder.

It is amazing to me that dirt can entertain children for hours. Running through the piles. Digging to make who knows what. Courtney wanted to lay down and make snow angels. That goes too far for me. So I put a stop to that. Otherwise, it was a free for all. And they loved every minute of it.

2 comments:

Cossebooms said...

Wow, that hole is huge! It's fun seeing your house come along. I bet you can't wait for move in day.

Carter Family said...

Poor Tyler, maybe next time he will listen to you. Sometimes us females know stuff and they should listen.