Monday, May 5, 2008

House Update


The project for the last week has been tile. Saturday was the big work day. Tyler spent 15 hours cutting tile. He stayed until 12:30 am. The poor guy worked himself to death. While he was cutting I was laying the tile. Dayna came and helped for a couple of hours. She showed me the ropes of how to lay tile. That was a blessing and curse. Blessing because I would help, curse because I could help. I spent 8 hours on Saturday and so far 2 hours today laying tile. On Sunday I could hardly move. Who knew you used every muscle in your body to lay tile.


This picture if of our banister that goes to the basement. It has not been stained yet, but I love it!!


This is looking into the kitchen. Our granite countertops are being finished today!! Notice all the tile, yep, Tyler and I laid it.


Here is the outside. We've had most of the siding installed and the rock work is done. The next big thing is painting the outside. I'm scared to death. Red is the color I want, but what if I choose the wrong red?

6 comments:

The McPeeks said...

The house looks gorgeous. Especially with that piece you found in AZ. I can't wait to see it in person when we come in July.

Cossebooms said...

The house is looking sooo good!! You guys have put a lot of work into it, and I'm sure more than ready to have it done. Can't wait to see more pictures. And the red is going to be exciting to see.

kyla said...

Well good now you know how to lay tile you can come teach me we will start laying tile in our house soon (hopefully).

Carter Family said...

The house looks beautiful. I bet you will celebrate when its done. Good job on the tile! I think red will look great. Worse case scenario; you will have to paint again but I am sure that won't happen. Paint a small section first if you are really worried.

Teryl said...

It is looking great. What is your countdown to moving in? Do you guys want to come help us lay tile in our house? I loved my tile in my old house. This house has dirt colored linoleum that is 13 years old. It is absolutely impossible to get clean. Anyway, I'm glad things are moving along for you. Do you think you'll be in by July?

Dane and Alicia said...

hey guys. Your house is looking great. I wish we could be there to see it when it is completed. Please keep posting new house updates so we can see.